Google
 

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Color of the Month

When I was teaching a 2/3 preschool class, we would have a color, shape, and scripture for each month. Each day during circle time we would go over these things, sing songs, do fingerplays, and read stories to go along with our weekly themes.


Here are some suggestions for color of the month:

September - blue
October - orange
November - brown
December - red
January - black or white
February - pink
March - green
April - yellow
May - purple

Update: The color mat has been removed from Pre-K pages.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen---thank you for stopping by my blog, I appreciate it.

Very cute idea, especially if the children get to do it themselves (smile).

Look forward to hearing more from you!

Revka said...

Thanks, Karen. Love the monthly color idea.

ThriftyMommy said...

Thanks. :)

I really like this sorting mat. I was thinking last night of things around the house to sort. lol