Google
 

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Sorry

Sorry I've not been around the past few days. Our family took a spontaneous trip to Florida. The trip here was horrible. My 2 and 4 year old did not want to ride. You know how that goes. Hopefully, the trip returning home will be better.

We're here visiting my husband's parents. They're moving into a different house, so we've been helping them unpack. Their house is right on the canal, so it's pretty cool to watch the boats drive by. There is also a screened in pool. Yes, my husband and kids got in the pool today. It sounds crazy to get in a pool in November. I heard today that North Carolina got freezing weather last night. It's funny to be here and to be enjoying the warm weather.

In case you don't already know, there is a giveaway going on. This is my first one for Little Fun; Little Learning. Be sure to leave a comment with the giveaway announcement so that you can be entered in the drawing.

I'll try to get back on track in a few days. Have a great weekend and don't forget to set your clocks back! :o)

3 comments:

*Tanyetta* said...

Hi Karen!

I love spontaneous trips. I'm sure your kids weren't happy about it! I hope they're having fun now that they're with grandma and grandpa :)

Talk to you soon!--T

Jen said...

I hope you have a safe trip home!! We are planning a trip to Florida & Alabama in Feb with a 2 & 4 yr old so reading that your drive didn't go that great is making me worry since we are driving all the way from Michigan. Our plans are to leave at night so most of the drive will be when they are sleeping. ;)

ThriftyMommy said...

Jen,

Make sure you have plenty for your kids to do. I think our main problem was that we were traveling in a very small Jeep. I normally pack plenty of food and toys, but we just didn't have the room. My kids were sitting close to one another and they fought for quite a while. There was hair pulling, pinching, hitting, and screaming. To top all that off, the radio didn't work! Ugh!

Thankfully, we're taking a big Suburban back home with us. Plenty of room in it! (In case you're wondering, we drove down here for my hubby to trade vehicles with someone that had a Suburban. Otherwise, we would have taken my mini van.)

We're going home today. We'll be leaving soon. I don't have as many gadgets to keep them busy, but I do have a laptop. If things get bad, I can always sit in the backseat with them, hold the laptop, and play some dvds. Don't you just love technology?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tanyetta - I'll be talking with you soon!